Every product sold on our website is under warranty by the manufacturer (exlude JANOME) for the period of one year from the date of purchase. The manufacturer warranty covers repair or replacement of defective parts. In such cases you need to contact the manufacturer overseas to get the product repaired or exchanged. Warranty docuements will be sent with the product.
1. Manufacture Warranty:
All products are covered under one year manufacturer warranty. Customer can send the product to be repaired directly to the manufacture (exlude JANOME) . Certain conditions apply.
This warranty will not apply if the type or serial numbers on the Product has been altered, deleted, duplicated, removed, or made illegible. Manufacturer reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the requested documentation can not be presented or if the information is incomplete, illegible or incompatible with the factory records. Repair, at manufacturer option, may include re-flashing of software, the replacement of parts or boards with functionally equivalent, reconditioned or new parts or boards. Replaced parts, accessories, batteries, or boards are warranted for the balance of the original warranty time period. The Warranty Term will not be extended. Manufacturer does not warrant the installation, maintenance or service of the products, accessories, batteries or parts.
3. What is not covered by the warranty ?
This warranty is not valid if the defects are due to damage, misuse, tampering, and neglect or lack of care and in case of alterations or repair carried out by unauthorized persons. The following are examples of defects or damage not covered by this product warranty:
- Defects or damage resulting from use of the Product in other than its normal and customary manner.
- Defects or damage from misuse, access to incompatible sources, accident or neglect.
- Defects or damage from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, adjustment, unauthorized software applications or any alteration or modification of any kind.
- Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship.
- Products disassembled or repaired other than by Motorola in such a manner as to adversely affect performance or prevent adequate inspection and testing to verify any warranty claim.
- Defects or damage due to moist, liquid or spills of food.
- Control unit coil cords in the Product that is stretched or have the modular tab broken.
- All plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are scratched or damaged due to customer normal use.
- Leather cases (which are covered under separate manufacturer's warranties).
- Products rented on a temporary basis.
- Periodic maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
4. Standard Repair:
For those who qualify for the manufacturer warranty but are reluctant to send their generators overseas and want to avoid the prolonged warranty process, can send the generators to Eva Sewing. Eva Sewing Repair Centre will notify the customer of the repair charges prior to any repairs will only charge after customer’s approval. Customer is responsible for freight costs both ways (inbound/outbound) for warranty and non-warranty repairs.
Eva Sewing is not liable for damages incurred during shipment hence we recommend customers to insure their packages. The in-house turn around target is fifteen working days. Some units may exceed this turn around time due to the lack of availability of parts needed. Customer Service will contact you if the repair extends beyond the standard turnaround. The repair does not extend the warranty beyond the original warranty period.